Timings of the School Day
Students should be on site by 8.35-8.40am when a warning bell will ring signalling they should then go to their form location on the tennis courts for Year 7 to Year 10 or the dining hall for Year 11. As a school we have a large number of extra-curricular clubs and fixtures each evening. Times for these events are communicated by the member of staff responsible for the fixture or club.
The school week is organised into 30, fifty minute lessons; six 50 minute lessons a day. Each morning the students have a registration or assembly which follow a clear programme that supports our curriculum aims. To ensure students can arrive on time we have movement time after break and lunch which ensures students are not late to lessons.
Students have two assemblies over the fortnight: one with their year group, and one combined with another year group (double assembly).
The times of the school day is as follows:
- Line up/Registration (Assembly) - 8.35am to 8.45am
- Registration - 8.40/45am - 9.10am
- Period 1 - 9.10am to 10.00am
- Period 2 - 10.00am to 10.50am
- Morning Break - 10.50am to 11.10am
- Period 3 - 11.15am to 12.05pm
- Period 4 - 12.05pm to 12.55pm
- Lunch - 12.55pm to 1.35pm
- Period 5 - 1.35pm to 2.25pm
- Period 6 - 2.25pm to 3.15pm
- School Day Ends - 3.15pm
Due to exam arrangements the timings of the school day can change during the summer GCSE and A Level exam season.