RED CARD SYSTEM
There are three types of Red Cards; during lessons, out of lessons and homework red cards. Please read the behaviour policy for an explanation of the consequences.
RED CARDS DURING LESSONS
Red cards are issued to students who disrupt teaching and learning, or refuse to accept staff authority. This is in addition to the normal consequences we use to manage behaviour. Red Cards are issued when the normal means of reprimand have been used and persistent disruption of teaching and learning occurs. The issue of Red Cards is recorded on the school administration database.
Red Cards are also issued for the following:
- Chewing gum
- Not complying with mobile phone policy
- Play fighting
Detention for Behaviour for Learning Red Cards: Students are expected to attend detention without fail (including Saturday detentions) and a letter will be sent home to parents when a detention is set. Please note that when a letter is sent home regarding a detention that has been set, it is not a request that your child attends—we are informing you that your child will be there.
HOMEWORK RED CARDS
A red card for homework is issued if a student fails to complete homework or homework is of an unacceptable standard.
‘Prep’ for Homework Red Cards
If a student accumulates three red cards for homework they will be required to attend a compulsory ‘prep’ session. ‘Prep’ sessions run on a Wednesday from 3.15pm.
Students are encouraged to attend ‘prep’ sessions voluntarily to do homework or private study.
Detentions are held after school on Mondays from 3.15pm. A letter will be sent home to parents when a detention has been set.
Please note that when a letter is sent home regarding a detention that has been set, it is not a request that your child attends - we are informing you that your child will be there.
Red Card for Behaviour Sanctions
- 3 Red Cards - Letter home to parents - One hour after school detention
- 6 Red Cards - Letter home to parents - One hour after school detention
- 9 Red Cards - Letter home to parents - One hour after school detention
- 12 Red Cards - Short Saturday detention - 1 hour
- 15 Red Cards - Long Saturday detention - 2 hours
- 18 Red Cards - 1 day internal isolation
- 21 Red Cards - 2 day internal isolation
- 24 Red Cards - 1 day exclusion